Each month we find out a little more about the area through the people who live, work and play here. This month we caught up with June Adams the Finance Assistant at Havas.
1. When did you start working in the area?
I started working in the area in 2007, over ten years ago now!
2. How has the area changed since?
It’s changed a lot! The buildings are smarter, and there are nicer restaurants and coffee shops too. There are also new greener areas for sitting at lunch time, which makes a real difference to your day.
3. What’s your favourite place in the area?
My favourite place is definitely Chapel Market, I’ve spent a lot of brilliant Saturdays there.
4. What do you love about our neighbourhood?
That would have to be the sense of community. I’ve found that over the years, you never lose that sense of belonging.
5. What is your favourite story about the area?
Harry Potter’s magical Platform 9 and ¾. It’s also brought a lot more visitors to the area.
6. What’s the best community initiative you have seen in the local area?
I think the water fountains in the summer are the best community initiative here. Not all families can afford swimming pool trips, but they can still give their children this treat in beautiful surroundings.
7. What challenges will the area face in the future?
The price of living in the area. The King’s Cross and St Pancras area has gradually improved to the extent that it’s now such a nice area, it’s likely to become more expensive to live here.
8. Where do you see our neighbourhood in the next ten years and what kind of image will it have?
I think it will be smart, clean and full of nice homes. However, I don’t suppose any of the families living here now will be able to continue living here due to costs.
9. If our neighbourhood had a theme song, what would it be and why?
That would have to be Where I belong, by The Beach Boys.