The New Generation is a team of young Community Sport Leaders from Camden and Islington, and one member of staff from the children’s charity, Coram’s Fields. The New Generation will be working in partnership with the Tag Rugby Trust and London Youth. They are going to undertake an 18 month leadership programme in their local communities and across London, culminating in a Tag Rugby Tour to Zambia in 2019 where they will get the chance to use their skills to reach and help those less fortunate, and contribute towards a programme that will be sustained for many years to come.
The purpose of the New Generation project is to:
– Improve the personal and social development in young people in London
– Enhance confidence, communication and self esteem of teenagers in London and for them to pass on their skills as Leaders to their own community and to disadvantaged people in Zambia too.
– Deliver a Tag Rugby programme in urban and rural Zambia
– Provide them all with a challenging and adventurous experience in an overseas environment
– Use leadership skills to benefit others and to challenge themselves as New Generation members in an environment away from the comforts of their homes.
– Integrate into the local communities in Zambia, sharing experiences and building friendships
– provide young people from local Zambian schools/orphanages the chance to learn and play tag rugby and compete in a rugby festival involving hundreds of children from the community
– To work closely with local volunteers/teachers and community members to provide them the skills to continue developing tag rugby well into the future after they leave
– Provide the necessary resources (equipment) to the local communities/schools to allow delivery and legacy of the project to continue
Please donate towards this very worthy cause, and to support young people in the area looking to better the wider community: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Naz-Deen