One of the three networking groups we run in the local area, the Comms Network is for PR, Marketing and Communications staff working in King’s Cross, Euston & St Pancras businesses.
Previously known as the Urban Partners #UPSocialMedia Network, the #UPComms Network has been re-launched in 2019, to provide a more inclusive forum for people working in PR, Communications, Social Media and Marketing in businesses across the local area. The network provides the opportunity to meet, forge relationships, share news and insights from their respective businesses, as well as to gain knowledge from experts within the industry via Discussion Panels.
The #UPSocialMedia was originally founded by St Pancras Renaissance Hotel in 2014 as #StPancrasSocial and eventually rebranded as an Urban Partners Network in 2015. The now so called #UPComms Network includes around 100 Marketing and Communications Professionals representing a range of industries from hospitality, retail, media, music, art, fashion, business and transport
- To create an engaged network of PR, Communication, Social Media and Marketing Managers working at businesses in King’s Cross, Euston & St Pancras
- To hold quarterly masterclasses with experts from the Marketing and Communications industry sharing best practice
- To provide the opportunity for businesses to share current news and challenges and discuss potential ways of collaborating
- To facilitate meet ups, whereby members can showcase their business to other members
- To run social media campaigns to promote the local area that all members take part in
The #UPComms Network will host a number ofevents each year, each will be held in a different venue within the area, giving members the opportunity to see other facilities and become familiar with other companies. Each masterclass incorporates a group activity to ensure all members are actively participating in promoting the local area online. Previous group activities have included Tweet Chats, Insta Meet photo challenge and the #LoveFromKingsCross photo competition held in 2017, which reached an audience of nearly 1 million.
Key Benefits for Members
Meet and network with PR, Comms, Social Media and Marketing teams from local businesses:
- Opportunity to learn new skills and gain insight from industry experts
- Gain knowledge from peers on industry issues (news/trends/insights)
- Collaborate and leverage power of the wider group to achieve individual goals
- Attend exclusive events at local businesses
- Increased social media results by leveraging power of wider community
Masterclasses provide a forum for employees to gain insight and inspiration as to how to better use Marketing tools to promote their businesses. Past speakers have included Dave Burt (founder of @London Instagram account) and Dolly Jones (Digital Editor for the Conde Nast group).
31 July 2019 – Guided Walking Tour and Photo Competition in partnership with Argent.
31 January 2019 – Masterclass on “How to expand your brand’s reach through Influencers” with Kat Perriam, Hardware Influencer Marketing Manager at Google and Ben Fenton, Client Strategy Director at 1000Heads agency. To read more about this event click here.
11 October 2018 – Masterclass on “how to protect the power of storytelling across social media platforms” with Sally Barr, Head of Social Media at Havas London
21 June 2018 – Masterclass on “how to ensure your videos are fully optimised for social media platforms” with Richard Barley, Head of Social Media at Springer Nature
22 March 2018 – Masterclass on “how to keep up constant creativity and innovation across multiple channels” with Emily Davis, Global Social Media Manager at Ted Baker
If you’re interested in joining the Comms Network or hosting an event, please contact us on [email protected].