One of the three networking groups we run in the local area, the Comms Network is for PR, Marketing and Communications staff working in King’s Cross, Euston & St Pancras businesses. The network provides the opportunity to meet, forge relationships, share news and insights from their respective businesses, as well as to gain knowledge from experts within the industry via Discussion Panels. #UPComms Network includes around 100 Marketing and Communications Professionals representing a range of industries from hospitality, retail, media, music, art, fashion, business and transport
- To create an engaged network of PR, Communication, Social Media and Marketing Managers working at businesses in King’s Cross, Euston & St Pancras
- To hold quarterly masterclasses with experts from the Marketing and Communications industry sharing best practice
- To provide the opportunity for businesses to share current news and challenges and discuss potential ways of collaborating
- To facilitate meet ups, whereby members can showcase their business to other members
- To run social media campaigns to promote the local area that all members take part in
The #UPComms Network host a number of events each year, each held in a different venue within the area, giving members the opportunity to see other facilities and become familiar with other companies. Each masterclass incorporates a group activity to ensure all members are actively participating in promoting the local area online. Previous group activities have included Tweet Chats, Insta Meet photo challenge and the #LoveFromKingsCross photo competition which reached an audience of nearly 1 million.
Key Benefits for Members
Meet and network with PR, Comms, Social Media and Marketing teams from local businesses:
- Opportunity to learn new skills and gain insight from industry experts
- Gain knowledge from peers on industry issues (news/trends/insights)
- Collaborate and leverage power of the wider group to achieve individual goals
- Attend exclusive events at local businesses
- Increased social media results by leveraging power of wider community
Masterclasses provide a forum for employees to gain insight and inspiration as to how to better use Marketing tools to promote their businesses. Past speakers have included Dave Burt (founder of @London Instagram account) and Dolly Jones (Digital Editor for the Conde Nast group).
Due to the situation in which we find ourselves in, all events for the remainder of 2020 have been cancelled. Keep your eyes peeled for future events.
We’ve held a number of exciting events including a masterclass on “How To Expand Your Brand’s Reach Through Influencers” with Kat Perriam, Hardware Influencer Marketing Manager at Google and Ben Fenton, Client Strategy Director at 1000Heads agency and a fantastic masterclass on “How To Protect The Power Of Storytelling Across Social Media Platforms” with Sally Barr, Head of Social Media at Havas London.
Other masterclasses also include “How To Ensure Your Videos Are Fully Optimised For Social Media Platforms” with Richard Barley, Head of Social Media at Springer Nature and “How To Keep Up Constant Creativity And Innovation Across Multiple Channels” with Emily Davis, Global Social Media Manager at Ted Baker.
If you’re interested in joining the Comms Network or hosting an event, please contact us on [email protected].